Friday 4 June 2010

End Of Module Evaluation

At the start of this module I planned on developing my portfolio of moving image in order to develop and improve my show reel. In order to do this I proposed that I would take on briefs that reflected my own social, environmental or political concerns, with a focus on narrative. As the module has gone on I have strayed away from my original plan of this being the focus, instead when the opportunity arose to work collaboratively and the opportunity of a client lead live brief I jumped at the chance. Also I have realized now that working with a humorous content greatly improves my motivation and determination.
I had planned to take on a brief called “Anti-Walmart” which was my social response to a very consumerist brief found online, I decided to drop this in order to further my technical skills. I then capitalized my panic brief by taking it further with other fruit, and this time using a combination of video and animation. This lead me to learn how to motion track objects in after effects, something I have wanted to be able to do effectively for a long time.
The motion ident for my movie night enabled me to learn how to use 3D layers and type in after effects, which is again something I have wanted to achieve for a long time.
I am happy with what I have achieved this module, and feel that the standard of my work has improved over the course of this term, I have mainly focused on the production of pieces rather than pre-production assets such as storyboards and treatment construction, this had lead me to think I would rather follow the path of post production in the future.

Personally I am very happy with my new web abilities, Instead of using indexhibit to construct my website like so many others on my course I took the time to learn dream weaver, so far I only have a basic grasp of code but think this will improve with time, functionally and aesthetically speaking I am very happy with my website.

In terms of the blogs I haven’t kept as up to date as I should but this was purely because of time issues and worries that I wouldn’t finish my final pieces. I have realised that my ambitions are not always a feasible as I think.

In total I am very happy with the work I have produced and feel that this module went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment